“It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head.” – Henri Cartier-Bresson
Pricing and philosophy:
What I hope to do is to create something for you that is priceless. I focus on quality over quantity. You will be paying for my time and talent. I am a storyteller; my tool is a camera. I am primarily a photojournalist.
I accept a limited amount of private commissioned and commercial work, which comes to me mostly by word of mouth. I do travel.
If you commission me for commercial or public relations work, I will be telling the story of your business, your event or your brand in a very authentic way. The end usage of the photographs may have an impact on the fee.
If you commission me privately, my goal is to reflect the essence of my subject. I want to create something timeless for you; something that you and your family will treasure.
I am the right photographer if:
- you want custom and unique images that reflect the subject honestly and with simplicity.
- you prefer documentary photography.
- you want heartfelt images.
- you understand that 5-10 images may have more impact than 200.
- you have time and money to invest in quality images.
- you prefer authentic mostly candid moments.
- you are looking for artistic individual portraits especially of children, elderly, pets.
- you will trust me to do my job.
~Karen Pulfer Focht
“Oh Karen. The compassionate eyes of your heart and the genius of your art captured our entire universe at that moment in this photograph. Thank you”